KMi Organises International Conference in Cambridge

Stefan Rueger of KMi organised with Gabriella Kazai of Microsoft Research Cambridge as general chairs a conference on the Theory of Information Retrieval in Cambridge, UK, in Sept 2009.

This biennial conference, now in its second edition, meant to explore the foundations of where Information Retrieval has stretched to in information and computer sciences, mathematics and linguistics, or even beyond that in Physics, Philosophy, Sociology, or Biology. ICTIR 2009 turned out to be well attended by around 90 registered participants, who discussed and analysed novel Information Retrieval models, evaluation, efficiency, and new perspectives in Information Retrieval.

The papers accepted for publication and presentation at ICTIR 2009 were selected from a total of 82 submissions, which were received from Continental Europe (39%), UK (21%), North America (18%), Asia and Australasia (10%), Middle East and Africa (12%). In total, 18 full papers (22%) and 14 short papers (17%) were presented in talks at the conference.

The proceedings were published by Springer’s Lecture Notes in Computer
Science: Advances in Information Retrieval Theory

The conference ended with a social event, where participants punted on the River Cam and explored the colleges of Cambridge University.

Related Links:

KMi News Image 0
Participants on the River Cam
KMi News Image 1
Detail from Kings College


Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University
Walton Hall
Milton Keynes
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)1908 653800

Fax: +44 (0)1908 653169

Email: KMi Support


If you have any comments, suggestions or general feedback regarding our website, please email us at the address below.

Email: Digital Development Services